Beezumph Statement 30 March 2021
Following today’s committee meeting it is, with considerable regret and sadness, that I must inform you that Beezumph 2021 scheduled for 20-21 August will not be taking place.
Martin Rawson our events secretary has been desperately trying to come up with some way of keeping the event alive. Various ideas have been discussed at great length, a single day Beezumph, a track day, social distancing measures, if you can think of it we have looked into it.
Various conversations have been had with MSV to try and find a way to hold Beezumph but, truth told, the uncertainty which still surrounds the lifting of the UK’s lockdown measures, and what may happen if there is a resurgence of the disease leave both TR3OC and MSV in an impossible position.
As you can see by the lateness of this notice we have tried to keep the event alive until the latest possible moment, the last discussion on the subject being today 30th March 2021 when we held a special committee meeting to try and come up with a workable solution. Having further discussed all our options at length this morning, we feel that the potential for harm to members and guests who attend the event on top of the potential financial loss leave us with no alternative other than to post-pone once again.
We also consider that by trying to save the event we run the additional risk of damaging the event itself and the experience for everyone.
So once again our sincere apologies to everyone, this is not what we anticipated a year ago when we had to cancel, however whilst some sort of end to this may be in sight it has not come quickly enough for us to proceed.
Stay safe everyone